Monday, September 26, 2011

Should be working, need to be venting

It's Monday. Oh, glorious Monday. On this day I have a huge list of things that need to get done for work. I should be working on them right now but I am so stressed out about all of it already that if I don't spend ten minutes ranting about the situation I might explode.

Being able to work at home and stay here with the kids is supposed to be rewarding. It is supposed to be happiness and rainbows and joy and heartwarming and all that jazz. In fact, I wish that when I work at home it looks like this ------------------------------------->>
That looks organized and peaceful and productive, doesn't it?

But you know around my house with a house that is in constant need of being cleaned, laundry that always needs to be done, dishes that are always piling up and needing washing minimum of three times a day, starting a business, paperwork to file, contracts and laws to write up, websites to build and maintain, marketing to put in place, funds to manage, bills to pay, checkbooks to balance, children who need attention, children who need food and diapers changed, and children who are always getting into something, screaming, loud noise, the constant loud noise of two young boys just existing, and their constant need to show mom something, all to be followed up with needing to cook three square meals a day for a family of six.... yah, my work at home life looks a lot more like this...
 ....and this


...and a lot of this





....and a bit of this.










And so while I sit here now listening to sirens blaring outside while some emergency vehicles go screeching down the busy road just south of my house, I try to focus and regain some sense of control of my day. I have to manage to many things that are all going different directions that sometimes I just feel like how could anyone think or say that working from home must be a blessing. "Oh, you work at home. That must be so wonderful to stay home with the kids." Yah. Clearly you haven't had to work at home. And don't get me wrong. I love my kiddos. I also love work and accomplishment and getting done what needs to be done and it is nearly impossible to do with children. Back I go into the crazy world of stay at home and business all wrapped into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment