Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Run, Samantha, Run!

It is day three in my Couch to 5K training program. I hurt all over. Muscles I never knew I had are aching and burning. And I have not felt better in a long time.

I had decided I was tired of just sitting around on my ass. I was tired of being so lazy and so complacent with my laziness. A friend of mine who lives in Spanway, WA has been posting on Facebook about running. She has been doing a few races and has really inspired me to just get up and run. So I did. I came across a program called Couch to 5K and I started in three days ago. In 8 short weeks I will be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. I should be able to run a 5K easily. And I plan to. I am going to run in a race I found in Albuquerque that is in September which will be about 3 weeks after my training program ends. I am actually excited. I never really thought I liked running but I am enjoying it so far.

Today while on my run (which is currently set to be run for 1 minute and walk for 2 minutes and repeat 10x) I realized that the old, lazy me would have given up. I was having cramps in my sides and felt like I wasn't going to be able to go on. But I did. I told myself to just keep going. And I was proud of myself. I was actually thinking, "I can do this!"

I can't until my race!

No comments:

Post a Comment