Friday, June 24, 2011

Car Wash

My husband was going to be home yesterday after traveling a few days out of town. Just before his work travels he had spent three days out in Gallup doing a 24 Hour Mountain Bike Race. His truck was filthy. It's a black truck so it shows every little spec of dirt on it and believe me, it was covered in dirt. My truck also was pretty dirty. I hadn't washed it in months. So I decided since yesterday my husband was coming home and the trucks needed cleaning and me and my four year old son needed to get outside that we would have a car wash in the yard.
We got out the kiddie pool. There was lots of water, lots of soap, and lots and lots of sun! It was nearly 100 degrees yesterday and we spent nearly all of the day outside. I hadn't thought of putting on sunblock because I didn't think it would take all day to wash to cars by hand. I thought wrong.
But it was fun and me and my son had a good time. I got more exercise than I had anticipated too. My husband came home mid-afternoon and was pleased to see his clean truck, inside and out. And all of us even got into the kiddie pool to cool off with margaritas for us and Capri Suns for my son.
All and all, even though I later realized I was burnt on my back side to a crispy nugget, it was a great day. I was happy my hubby was home and me and my son had fun playing in the water and sun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment