Saturday, July 2, 2011

Feeling Good Just Feeling

I am on Week 1 Day 6 into my 8 week training schedule for my first 5K.

I have never much cared for running. But suddenly, out of no where really, I just decided it was time to stop being such a damn couch potato and get up and do something. I was tired of being tired and feeling like a mooshy glob of human flesh that just did what was needed from my day and nothing more. I suddenly needed to feel alive. And sometimes feeling alive means feeling your body. Feeling the pain of muscles getting used and soreness in places you didn't know were getting worked. Maybe part of it was losing someone so very close to me recently. Maybe seeing his life cut short when he had so much more life to live made me think I need to stop just getting by and set a goal and do something that made me proud of myself. I also have a friend in Washington who has been doing a lot of running and doing races and posting pictures of it on Facebook. And watching her made me really think, "I can do that!"

So, I got up off my ass and hit the road. Started a running program that is going to get me ready to do my first race in about 8 weeks. And so far, I am proud of myself. It is actually quite refreshing to get out there and just run. To be alone, listening to my music, and just run and feel my body working and pushing myself to go farther and try harder.... all of that so far has been wonderful. It has been wonderful for my spirit which has been having a hard time finding the light. It has been good for my mind and my heart to challenge myself and know that I can do this challenge. It has only been six days and all of this is happening within me and soon I will also see improvement on the outside. My scrawny little stick figure body will have more muscle and strength and I am looking forward to having a slim, tone, and beautiful body to go with my new beautiful and healthy soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment