Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Working Momma

As the country goes to hell in a hand basket we are feeling the crash of the waves of the 1% ruling the USA. We've been feeling it for a long time now. My husband has been looking for work away from the construction industry since there is nothing being built anymore. My father is worried he may not have any work soon as he works in the building industry too. My mother hasn't had a class scheduled in months because attendance is down so low in all classes. We're all feeling the pinch. Just a couple weeks ago my husband got paid we literally had negative amount of money to live on for two weeks after the bills were paid. We couldn't really afford groceries anymore. And with four adults, one toddler boy, and a baby boy all needing to eat a minimum of three times a week... well, we were in need of more income.

It was good-bye to my life as a stay at home mother and time to get back into the workforce. I am very lucky that within days of applying for a few positions I had a job. A week after applying I was walking into an office to start earning the bucks to help keep my family afloat. My mother has been watching my children while I go to work. It's taking a toll on her. She is tired. It's been a week and half. But we all have to make adjustments. We have to work together to stay living life. In a few years we will all have big ticket items paid off if we can only keep the income flowing. I try to keep positive. My mother's worry and constant freaking out kind of makes it a little difficult but I think we're going to be okay. We just have to stay strong and work hard. Ha. Work hard. As if we all haven't been doing that our whole lives and this is where we are. Broke and worried.

We are the 99%.


No comments:

Post a Comment